Monday, April 23, 2012

12 Miles of Terror! and A MiNi Vacation In Vegas


12 Miles of Terror and AMVIV?

A MiNi Vacation In Vegas (AMVIV) is going to have a fun run to the 12 Miles of Terror in 2012.

The location


Hwy 97 runs between Hwy 93 and Hwy 96 in the western part of Arizona, USA. It's actually just 11 miles long, but 12 sounded more fun when we coined the term.


View Larger Map

Some history


I still remember my first run in my 2003 MINI on that road back in 2003, followed by a MiNi fun-run I organized to incredibly fun (and dangerous as some have found) stretch of pure motoring bliss! It's nice to see both of these events/runs that I started are still going strong.


Here's some threads on some other people organizing their own runs on it after I had introduced them to the 12 miles of terror.


Have fun and be safe everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I heard no-one went down to run the 12 miles. Someone did leave from PHX at 9AM Sunday (the scheduled departure time), not sure if they stopped along the way to run it or not.

    ReplyDelete